The Testing Planet Magazine
6 Great Reasons To Get The Testing Planet
- it will make you a smarter tester
- there are more articles than adverts
- you will get lots of street cred
- it attracts the most talented writers in the testing world
- exclusive content and it’s full of interesting and insightful articles
- there is a format for everyone – print, Kindle, eBook, PDF and web
- The Future Of Software Testing Part One – Testing In Production by Seth Eliot
- The Mobile Environment by Karen N. Johnson
- Building Mobile Applications For Social Good by Ken Banks
- What’s At Stake? Advice For Managing Application Security For The Next Wave Of Enterprise Risk by Chris Wysopal
- The Growing Cyber Threat And The Tester’s Call To Arms by Mark Crowther
- I’m A Tester – Get Me Out Of Here! by Anne-Marie Charrett
- A Look Inside Original Software with Colin Armitage
- How To Recruit A Tester by Phil Kirkham
- BitbeamBot: The Angry Birds Playing, Mobile Testing Robot by Jason Huggins
- Exploring Scripted Testing by Sean Morley
- Infographic – Software Testing Recruitment by The Testing Planet & Andy Glover
- Mobile Testing – That’s Just A Smaller Screen, Right? by Stephen Janaway
- Testing & Communication by Lisa Crispin
- Testing The Tester by Mitch Goldman
- Mapping Testing… by Albert Gareev
- Lessons Learned In Android Usability Testing Through Programming by Stefan Kläner
- 7 Changes Scrum Made To The Tester’s Role by Ulf Eriksson
- The Cartoon Corner
- The Evil Tester Question Time
- STC Carnival Of Testers October 2011 by Simon Morley
- Top Tips For Your Curriculum Vitae by Rob Lambert
- Test Case Management Software Comparison Chart
– the Magazine for professional testers
Testing Experience is one of the world’s leading English language magazine for software testers and test managers. It has established itself as a platform for knowledge transfer in software testing projects. With 350,000 downloads per issue, the “Testing Experience” has reached its subscribers since its first edition in 2008, in over fifty countries.
The technical, industry specific, articles of the “Testing Experience” are characterized by a high level of detail and are not written by an editorial. Testing professionals from around the world publish test project articles, from dealing with the products as well as new developments on topics such as outsourcing, security, Agile testing, requirements engineering or automation. As editors, we accept article contributions that add value to the international testers community, at all times.
- ExPLORE: TESTING THE GAME by KiranKumar Marri & Sundaresasubramanian G
- Semi-formal property verification in games by P. Arun Babu & N. Murali
- Gamification of testing by Wayne Ellis
- Turning into AQA organization by Andrei Contan & Cristina Fuia, & Oana Oros
- Quality, what does it mean? by Erik van Veenendaal
- Test by recreating and running customer scenarios in the lab by Haya Rubinstein
- How to start cutting-edge testing with your sword by Guilherme Motta
- Game On! by IJsbrand Kaper MBA
- Making the move into Agile testing by Gerry Coleman
- Test management issues for systems of systems by Patrick Hendrickx & Chris Van Bael
- Las Vegas game testing by Thomas Hijl
- Product testing in front of the crowd by Derek Wallis
“Agile Record” is a magazine published by Díaz & Hilterscheid and is aimed at developers and testers in an agile environment. “Agile Record” is the exchange platform for all involved in Agile Software Development, where experienced colleagues share their know-how and experiences from their everyday work.
- Agile Testing in Real Life – September by Lisa Crispin
- Agile ALM and collaborative development by Michael Hüttermann
- Agile Methods & traditional Project Management by Jan Kopia
- The Necessity of New Contract Models for Agile Project Management by Dr. David F. Rico, PMP, CSM
- Specification by Example by Gojko Adzic
- Agile Testing by Santosh Varma
- Getting the software tester ready for the agile word by Katy Magalhães & Giuliana Miglioli
- Done should mean value delivered to stakeholders by Tom and Kai Gilb
- Mental gymnastics by Bert Wijgers
- Distributed Agile: Steps to Improve Quality before Design by Raja Bavani
- Simply Go Agile! by Mithun Kumar S R
- Daily Scrum meetings: What it is and what not, and what can be improved! by Chetan Giridhar & Vishal Kanaujia
Professional Tester Magazine
Professional Tester Magazine was created ten years ago by true pioneers of software testing. It is widely considered the best journal ever published for the industry, characterized by quality and rigour, direct opinion, and important articles which still influence how testing is done today. This serious content is complemented by conversational and humorous writing, completing a popular package that testers still want to read, re-read, share, keep and download.
Professional Tester is relaunched in 2010 as a bi-monthly magazine. The publication is still free to subscribers, but is now distributed electronically as well as in print. As before the magazine features knowledge-sharing articles on testing methods and techniques, and news about the testing industry, commentary and opinion on testing issues and regular features.
The eleventh issue went out in October 2011. Its theme is The future of testing certification.
- Fair comment – The International Requirements Engineering Board explains its assessment method
- Open accreditation for better certification – Bogdan Stefan Bereza proposes a way to get more and better schemes certified faster
- Talk about TABOK – Managing editor of the Test Automation Body of Knowledge Guidebook – Dion Johnson in interview
- Sheet lightning – Write your own test generator in Excel. With Martin Mudge
- CTP6 – The penultimate instalment of Geoff Quentin’s Consolidated Testing Process
- We need to talk – Devyani Borade makes the case for informal communication by testers
Click here to download a copy.
Software Test & Quality Assurance 2011
The focus of the new bi-monthly magazine – Software Test & Quality Assurance – is on testing, how testing interacts with other functions in the software development life cycle and expands the conversation into software development.
- Trading Money for Time: When Saving Money Doesn’t (And When it Does)
- Nobody’s Favorite Question: How can we reduce the cost of software testing?
- What is the Cost of Testing?
- Thoughts on Calls to Reduce the Cost of Testing
- Preparing for the 2011 Online Holiday Season
- Reducing the Cost of Testing by Avoiding Automation Pitfalls
- Cost of Unbalanced Teams
- Session Based Test Management: How Even a Little Can Go a Long Way
- Reduce Costs by Decreasing Overhead
- Testers meeting at the bar
Tea time with Testers
”Tea time with Testers” is a FREE Software Testing Magazine dedicated to all disciplines in the field of Software Testing.
What ‘ll you get to read in “Tea time with Testers” ?
- What’s Making News ? – find out the latest happenings in the world of software testing
- Tool Watch – About various testing tools around
- Speaking Tester’s Mind – Articles straight from the author’s desk
- In the School of Testing – articles for your better learning and sharing experience
- Tickle your Testing Bone – a craft which will make you smile.
- BUG-BOSS’s Challenge – our unique initiative and attempt to encourage and energise our fresh tester friends.
Testing Circus – Your Monthly Software Testing e-Magazine
Testing Circus is a software testing magazine published every month. Testing Circus is conceptualized, founded and edited by Ajoy Kumar Singha. Testing Circus is subscribed by over 5000 software testers worldwide. The magazine is well circulated in organizations where testing is practiced as a different activity in the software development project. Well known testers like Pradeep Soundararajan, Vipul Kocher, Vipul Gupta, Lisa Crispin, Narayan Raman, Trish Khoo, Markus Gartner, Santhosh Tuppad, Parimala Shankaraiah, Ajay Balamurugadas, Bernice Niel Ruhland, Rob van Steenbergen, Jaijeet pandey, Doron Reuveni, Michael Talks have written for Testing Circus magazine in the past.The magazine publishes various subjects on software testing including –
- Basics of software testing
- Test Ideas on various applications/items/subjects
- Tools guidance
- Book reviews
- Interviews of testing professionals
- Testing News and Update
- Testing Blogs/sites to follow
- Professional Guidance
- Tips and Tricks on Testing
- Information on testers @Twitter
“Testing Circus” is a free monthly e-magazine and any one can take free subscription of this e-magazine.
Better Software is the magazine for software professionals who care about quality. Each issue brings you relevant, timely information to help you build better software. Continuing to deliver in-depth articles on testing, tools, defect tracking, metrics, and management, it’s the only commercial magazine exclusively dedicated to software professionals. Within the pages of each issue you’ll find heavy hitting articles about solutions to common management problems, coverage on emerging technologies, and more. You’ll benefit from expert analysis and real-world case studies in the areas of Testing & Analysis, Managing People & Teams, and Tools & Techniques.
Automated Software Testing Magazine
The Automated Software Testing (AST) Magazine is a quarterly Automated Testing Institute magazine geared towards IT professionals involved in Software Quality Engineering. This magazine is an excellent source of relevant, up-to-date information from the world of automated software testing. Each issue contains contemporary test automation concepts and approaches provided by industry experts and practitioners, which will help the reader more effectively implement test automation in their own projects. Download your free copy today!
- Feature #1: How Service Virtualization Removes Testing Roadblocks by Wayne Ariola
- Feature #2: Make your own Data-driven architecture using Selenium & TestNG! by Jailton Alkimin Louzada
- Feature #3: Automation Technical Expertise, Management, Philosophy & The Future by Various
Method and Tools
Methods & Tools is a free software development magazine on Software Testing, Project Management, Programming (Java,.NET, Ruby on Rails, Ajax), UML, Agile (eXtreme Programming, Scrum, TDD), Requirements, Databases, Software Process Improvement, Tools.
- Continuous Delivery Using Build Pipelines With Jenkins and Ant – Automate Your Delivery Process
- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Software Measurement – Become a Function Point Expert
- The Art of Mocking – How Mocking and Mocking Frameworks Improve Your Unit Testing
- Restructure101 for Java
Cross Talk Magazine
A bit more Software Engineering oriented but with regular articles on testing.
CrossTalk, The Journal of Defense Software Engineering is an approved Department of Defense journal. CrossTalk’s mission is to encourage the engineering development of software in order to improve the reliability, sustainability, and responsiveness of our warfighting capability and to inform and educate readers on up-to-date policy decisions and new software engineering technologies.
Some articles found here:
- From the Publisher by Justin Hill
- Give the Stakeholders What They Want: Design Peer Reviews the ATAM Style by Felix Bachmann
- Deployment Optimization for Embedded Flight Avionics Systems by Brian Dougherty, Douglas C. Schmidt, Jules White, Russell Kegley, and Jonathan Preston
- Free and Open Source Software Use: Benefits and Compliance Obligations by Philip Koltun
- Netcentric Proxies for On-Orbit Sensors by Craig A. Lee and Samuel D. Gasster
- Utilizing Design of Experiments to Reduce IT System Testing Cost by Kedar M. Phadke and Madhav S. Phadke
- Software Architecture: Theory and Practice by Michael Tarullo
- Defect Management Using Depth of Inspection and the Inspection Performance Metric by T.R. Gopalakrishnan Nair and Suma. V.
- BackTalk by Kasey Thompson
(IN) Secure Magazine
(IN)SECURE Magazine is a free digital security publication discussing some of the hottest information security topics.
- The changing face of hacking
- Review: [hiddn] Crypto Adapter
- A tech theory coming of age
- SecurityByte 2011: Cyber conflicts, cloud computing and printer hacking
- The need for foundational controls in cloud computing
- A new approach to data centric security
- The future of identity verification through keystroke dynamics
- Visiting Bitdefender’s headquarters
- Rebuilding walls in the clouds
- Testing Domino applications
- Report: Black Hat 2011 USA
- Safeguarding user access in the cloud with identity governance
TEST is a publication that always aims to give a true reflection of the issues affecting the software testing market. What this means is that the content is challenging but informative, pragmatic yet inspirational and includes, but is not limited to:
- In-depth thought leadership articles
- Customer case studies
- News articles
- Cutting edge opinion pieces
- Best practice and strategy articles
Authored by some of the leading lights in the testing, software development, and IT industries TEST has regular sections covering: test automation; agile testing; testing methodologies; effective unit testing; testing web services and SOAs; security & code analysis; configuration management; and application profiling to name but a few.
Software Quality Professional
The Software Quality Professional (SQP) is a quarterly, peer-reviewed journal, published by the American Society for Quality (ASQ). Its mission is to help software professionals apply quality principles to the development and use of software and software-based systems. SQP publishes case studies, experienced-based reports, and state-of-the-art reviews in order to provide practitioners with an understanding of those software quality practices that have proven effective in a wide range of industries, applications, and organizational settings.
- Editors’ Introduction: Should You Trust Your Data? by Erin Harper and David Zubrow
- Using Data Profiling, Data Quality, and Data – Monitoring to Improve Enterprise Information by Brett Dorr and Rich Murnane
- System Self-Awareness and Related – Methods for Improving the Use and Understanding of Data within DoD by Ying Zhao, Douglas J. MacKinnon, and Shelley P. Gallup
- The Interaction of Data, Data Structures, and Software in Entity Resolution Systems by Yinle Zhou, John Talburt, and Eric D. Nelson
- What is “Enough” Quality for Data Repositories? by Tim Menzies, Adam Brady, and Ekrem Kocaguneli
LOGIGEAR MAGAZINE – NOVEMBER 2011
DEDICATED TO SHOWCASING NEW TECHNOLOGY AND WORLD LEADERS IN SOFTWARE TESTING
- Extending Test Automation To Mobile Testing By Gal Tunik, Hewlett-Packard Company
- What Matters in Mobile Testing? By John Roets, ITX Corporation
- SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW – Robert V. Binder
- BLOGGER OF THE MONTH – Harshal Kharod, The Mobile Guru
- 2010 GLOBAL TESTING SURVEYS – Politics in Testing